Re: How much slower?

From: Arnau Font (afont_at_nospam-ipssoft.com)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:28:15 +0200

Well, my game in 'slow' graphics card, the game does an important slowdown
when the garbage collector collects unreleased memory. I really dislike not
having control of the memory resources!

Am I maybe doing something wrong with the game loop?

"Michel Racicot" <michel.racicot_NO_SPAM_@cgi.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I'm sure this question have been asked perhaps a thousand of time...
>
> How much slower will run an application programmed in Managed DirectX with
> C# compared to the same application using C++/Unmanaged?
>
> Is it too slow to do something great? Is it too slow for games?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Metro 2033... not really liking it
    ... Gave it another shot and breezed through the level that I felt screwed ... I really dislike the way the game takes control of ... The game crashed ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Good article on Djokovics style of play
    ... The Limits of Control ... Djokovic overtook Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer to become Supreme ... achievement has something to do with the nature of Djokovic’s game. ... Rafael Nadal is the only other player on the tour who can come close ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: Resident Evil 5 demo up
    ... I was enthusiastic about playing the RE5 ... Left4Dead never even crossed my mind as a comparable game but I could ... much less when a swarm of zombies is bum rushing you. ... can't control a player is childish. ...
    (alt.games.video.xbox)
  • Re: older games dont work
    ... | here the readme.txt of the game to you take a look, ... | Windows 95 including but not limited to: ... | * Serial play: null modem cable, ... | to map a pedal as a control ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: What have you been playing... IN MARCH 2013?
    ... I've never found game controllers better for driving ... In the case of driving games, it's not really a subjective discussion. ... analog throttle and steering the way a controller does. ... This technology even exists in real cars, cruise control. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)