Re: Redistribution of Managed DirectX

From: Jarred Nicholls (jarred.nicholls_at_voicemetrix.com)
Date: 10/01/04

    Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:22:56 -0400

    Thanks guys. I figured out the problem. Nothing to do with the assemblies
    not being found :-) I won't embarass myself.

    But I am curious, is there a way to check for DirectX 9.0c and Managed
    DirectX being installed in a setup project with VS.NET? And if not, install
    one or the other?

    Also, I experienced something stupid and weird today, but it kind of makes
    sense. If the user doesn't have DirectX 9.0c, doing a dxsetup.exe
    /InstallManagedDX will indeed install 9.0c and the managed library. However,
    if they already have 9.0c and do *not* have MDX, then doing a dxsetup.exe
    /InstallManagedDX does nothing (and yes, the box has .net 1.1 installed).
    It's as if the dxsetup.exe is only checking for 9.0c being installed and not
    MDX even if you enabled the switch. So it in effect just cancels the install
    and doesn't install anything if it detects at least 9.0c already installed.
    How stupid is that? That requires the person to manually extract from the
    ManagedX.cab file the mdxredist.msi file and install from there. I don't
    like that at all. Any solutions to that, other than the manual labor?

    -Jarred

    "Chuck Walbourn" <chuckw@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > They have to have the DirectX9 runtimes for the assembles themselves to
    > work...
    >
    > -Chuck Walbourn
    > SDE, Windows Gaming & Graphics

    • Re: CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe
      ... You may think that you're running Avira AntiVir but your HijackThis ... this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install ... Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP. ... DirectX June 2010 Redistributable. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe
      ... this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install ... Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP. ... DirectX June 2010 Redistributable. ... O8 - Extra context menu item: Download selected with Free Download Manager - ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Error while compiling WINCE OS 5.0
      ... Try to build a OSDesign with the emulator and see if that works. ... Include IE and directx your OSDesign. ... Sysgening platform C:\WINCE500\platform\Adelaide_298 ... For every QFE they include a read me which tells you exaclty what will change/update when you install the QFE. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
    • CLEANED UP - - Missing or corrupted DxSetup.exe
      ... This same DxSetup.exe error message occurred when I was attempting to ... this DxSetup.exe error message occurs when I try to install ... Intel's Network Adapter Drivers 15.4.1 for Windows XP. ... I generally update my DirectX files. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: MS Train Simulator Video Problem
      ... Nemo still has video problems. ... the 61.77 drivers still work with the back-leveled driver. ... tried the install for the 3rd time and the same results. ... DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)