Re: Redistribution of Managed DirectX

From: Chris Hastings (chrshstngs_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:45:24 -0500

Sine we're talking managed code and .net assemblies, there is no COM type
registration.
You can either copy them to your run directory (as you said) or put the in
the GAC. The GAC is used for common assemblies and .NET will look there
first for an assembly. You can get stuff in the GAC using regasm.exe or by
simply copying the dll's into the windows\assemblies directory (it's hidden
by default, I think)

If you create an install using VS.NET, it will copy those dlls into your run
directory for you...
I hope that helps!
Chris