Redistribution of Managed DirectX

From: Jarred Nicholls (jarred.nicholls_at_voicemetrix.com)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:54:37 -0400

I have a friend whom has DirectX 9.0c end-user runtime, and I had him
install the mdxredist.msi, and even after doing so, he was getting an
exception saying that the Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.dll, etc., could not
be found. Any idea why this is happening? I had him download the full 34mb
redistributable from microsoft (the one that contains 9.0c runtime and
managed extensions) and still no go. He could see the Microsoft.DirectX.*
dll files in the file list under dxdiag, so they are there, but somehow they
aren't registered or something. What the hell is wrong?

I'm going to have him next copy/paste the .dll files and put them right in
the root folder of my application to see if that helps any.

-Jarred