Still Image Capture

From: Chainsaw Dude (someone_at_somewhere.com)
Date: 09/30/04

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:18:28 +0100

I have not done any DirectX development before but I want to develop
something to capture a still image from a Logitech WebCam and save to a jpg
file.
I plan to run this on a schedule for a web site upload.

I understand that the technology to use is DirectShow.
Please would someone say if this is feasible in Managed DirectX? and any
tips or pointers to samples woul dbe appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: using pc-monitor as camcorder monitor
    ... >as output for my camcorder without capturing and saving a sequence on ... capture programs lack this ability), saving the audio directly to a ... DirectX Developer Center: Microsoft DirectX Downloads ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Sound recording - HELP!
    ... The pittfall is that the DirectX people are not able to write VB.Net ... you suggest the MCI recording instead of using waveopen/in? ... Private Sub StartRecording() ... mciSimpleSendString("open new type waveaudio alias capture") ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Cannot capture DirectDraw graphics in a mirror driver
    ... "Boris Glick" wrote: ... I need to capture everything that shows ... > Can a mirror driver capture the DirectX-related calls the same ... I'm looking through the DirectX DDK ...
  • Re: sample
    ... which interface is used to capture the image from ... live video. ... Explain me with sample code. ... sample but you may have to download the DirectX Summer 2004 SDK for it. ...
  • WM enocder SDK performance vs DirectShow (PLS IGNORE PREV. POST)
    ... we are trying to do a screen capture using DirectShow as well as Windows ... media encoder sdk and want to broadcast it. ... tablet pc and am using same encoder profiles. ... would list the specific problems with respect to DIrectX. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)