Re: Fade In/Out a texture

From: Michel Walsh (vanderghast_at_VirusAreFunnierThanSpam)
Date: 08/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:52:19 -0400

Hi,

    Have you tried the RenderStateManager.BlendFactor property? There is
more, in addition to this entry, at entry "Frame Buffer Alpha", in the
managed help file. That property should be read/write, so you can change it
from frame to frame. You have to check the BlendCaps for SupportsBlendFactor
property. You have to activate Blending (off by default). Should be: draw
the new scene, activate blending, change frame blending factor, draw the old
scene.

    I don't remember having ever personally tried that BlendFactor
property... It may interact (and may be very badly) with standard blending
(if you use it for transparency in your frames).

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

"neagumihai" <mihai.neagu@jiunet.ro> wrote in message
> Hello !
>
> My name is Neagu Mihai and i am new with DirectX Managed !
> So far i handled basic stuff about DirectX 9.0 but now i face a problem .
>
> Does anyone know how to Fade In/Out a texture (an image) ?
>
> Thanks !

Relevant Pages