Re: How to Debug fullscreen application?

From: Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MVP] (legalize+jeeves_at_mail.xmission.com)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:25:30 -0700

"cody" <please_dont.spam.deutronium@gmx.de> spake the secret code
<#ZpoBiaTEHA.2416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl> thusly:

>> Have you tried debugging from a remote machine over the network? (on VS6
>> Build -> Debugger Remote Connection)
>
>I have only one computer :-(

Then the best you're going to be able to do is run dbmon redirecting
it into a file and sprinkle your code with OutputDebugString calls and
printf style debugging.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, its best if you always support
windowed mode for debugging on a single computer.

	    Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
               <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: calling IDirect3DSwapChain::Release() never return
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... Try running a memory corruption detection tool like ... BoundsChecker or Purify. ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: D3D9-Threading Model
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... >> haven't found them useful since the device was cleaned up for DX8. ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: more
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... electronics is not my area of knowledge really. ... I get the impression from reading his works that he likes to be ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
    (sci.fractals)
  • Re: Hide a DirectX Window
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ... Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty ...