Re: Newbie: playing mp3

From: Todd A. Spatafore (todd_at_thetodd.com)
Date: 05/20/04

Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:54:46 -0700

The simple solution is to ask if you are sure you have an MP3 decoder on
your machine, but I'm going to assume that you do.

Next, I read somewhere else that someone had this same problem. The solution
for them was to start playback from position 1, the problem was some MP3's
try to playback from position 0 and no sound comes out. The code they
provided was (translated for your example below):

Audio a = new Audio("C:\\a.mp3");
a.Play();
a.SeekCurrentPosition(1,
Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.SeekPositionFlags.SeekToKeyFrame)

Hope that helps.

Todd