Multi Pass Rendering & Z-Buffering

From: Martin (NOSPAM_at_web.de)
Date: 05/17/04

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:07:54 +0200

i have a questions. i want to render multi passes with shaders. is there a
way to render only one pass with z-buffering and then render the following
passes without any overdraw? so that you only render the needed objects in
the following passes.

greetz, Martin

Relevant Pages

  • ANN: 3Delight 5.0 (Moroder)
    ... The package now comes with a Maya plugin ... 3Delight can now render images using threads. ... environment map and help produce images with correct ... Shaders can contain user defined annotations. ...
    (comp.graphics.rendering.renderman)
  • Re: C64 style shader?
    ... The easiest way is to render your image into a texture then ... as you render then you'll need dozens of shaders). ... This method also means you can render at lower resolution ... then stretch it to get a nice big pixel effect. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
  • Re: optimization for switching the shader
    ... > I have to render to four viewports of the window with four different ... So in my Render() call, thing goes like this, ... > shaders, but I know that switching shaders is very expensive. ...
  • Re: Fprime or Viper as it should be!
    ... Procedurals work fine, shaders don't :-) HV ... only render in Fprime render I believe but I haven't tested it that much as ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.lightwave)
  • Re: Silence From Agatha.
    ... | They are projecting their failure onto me because I have made ... Poor old Aggy also did his incompetent render (or whatever it's ... And then the same data file was rendered by Renderman, using shaders ...
    (rec.arts.drwho)