Re: Textured Lighted Sphere

From: Philip Taylor [ATI] (ptaylor_at_online.newsgroup-poster.ati.com)
Date: 05/10/04

Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:36:25 -0700

have you looked at the samples? several of them use textures and lighting at
the same time.

"Michael" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, I am new and I am having trouble.
>
> I want to make a view of earth. So I have set up a sphere with lighting
so that there is a shadow on the night time side and I have put a texture on
a sphere. But I can't get them to work together. When I turn on the
lighting it gets rid of the texture.

> Can anyone help me

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Delibrately increasing vertices for Normals realism
    ... with the rendered geometry to produce realistic lighting effects. ... texture coordinates for the light map's texture stage determine how the ... interpolated for each fragment passed to the pixel shader. ...
  • Re: D3DFVF_XYZRHW | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE question
    ... lighting computations done? ... >Materials can also influence the colour of a surface. ... >white so that the true texture colour shows through. ... >You need to enable the specular render state for this to have an affect ...
  • Re: Problem rendering a list of triangle and a mesh
    ... input to use with lighting for each vertex, or do you want the exact color ... diffuse color rather than the diffuse color of the last material that was ... To render the cube without applying a texture, ... Private Sub Initialize DirectX() ...
  • Re: Creating mesh at runtime for use with CD3DFrame
    ... disable lighting and disable culling. ... then turn lighting back on. ... then you can move on to textures, texture coordinates, and texture stage ... > Im trying to use the CD3DFrame for holding my objects/meshes. ...
  • Re: Colored bump map lighting? How?
    ... If you're aiming at GeForce2 level, you're still likely to be able to use a third stage if it doesn't access a texture. ... Once I do normal lighting in the first two stages, how do I add vertex lighting to that same polygon? ... N which is stored in a normal map texture... ...