Re: grey area behind menus and windows

From: Sam (
Date: 05/07/04

Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:09:28 -0400

Found a workaround.....

GraphicsSample is pausing the simulation at OnMenuStart

protected override void OnMenuStart(System.EventArgs e)
     Pause(true); // Pause the simulation while the menu starts

Pause(true) sets the ready flag to false, FullRender() tests ready flag
before rendering.
So, I commented out Pause(true) in OnMenuStart(), then added a handler for
popup events to each menuitem in mainmenu,that runs a FullRender(). It
works fine now.

private void menusChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the grey area behind Modal
dialog boxes though... As you drag around a box, it leaves a grey
"invalidated" area behind, you could actually paint the whole viewport grey
by dragging around. I've tried to run a FullRender() on LocationChanged of
dialog, but it makes moving the dialog jerky. I'm wondering if there is a
way to hang on to the last rendered frame, and keep it from being