Re: grey area behind menus and windows

From: Sam (sammyh_at_3-remove-rddim.com)
Date: 05/07/04

Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:09:28 -0400

Found a workaround.....

GraphicsSample is pausing the simulation at OnMenuStart

protected override void OnMenuStart(System.EventArgs e)
{
     Pause(true); // Pause the simulation while the menu starts
}

Pause(true) sets the ready flag to false, FullRender() tests ready flag
before rendering.
So, I commented out Pause(true) in OnMenuStart(), then added a handler for
popup events to each menuitem in mainmenu,that runs a FullRender(). It
works fine now.

private void menusChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
    this.FullRender();
}

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the grey area behind Modal
dialog boxes though... As you drag around a box, it leaves a grey
"invalidated" area behind, you could actually paint the whole viewport grey
by dragging around. I've tried to run a FullRender() on LocationChanged of
dialog, but it makes moving the dialog jerky. I'm wondering if there is a
way to hang on to the last rendered frame, and keep it from being
invalidated...

Thanks,
Sam