Re: X file or Vertex/Index Buffers?!

From: Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MVP] (legalize+jeeves_at_mail.xmission.com)
Date: 05/07/04

Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 08:59:52 -0700

=?Utf-8?B?bmV3Ymll?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> spake the secret code
<F17E6660-3038-4E67-AB51-6EB56E0EC330@microsoft.com> thusly:

>Is the Vertex Buffer / Index Buffer automatically taken care of when u
>use Mesh.Load(.x file)

Yes

>[...] In other
>words, why would I use VB/IB if I can load a .x file most of the time?

Because you might want to do something else besides load a mesh from a
file.

	    Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
               <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>

Relevant Pages

  • Import csv files
    ... I have an Clarion version 2.0 application that I did not develop, ... I need to write a utility that will allow me to load ... csv file and use it to update a file in the ... I am having a devil of a time finding some code samples that ...
    (comp.lang.clarion)
  • Re: D3DXFERR_PARSEERROR while loading mesh and textures
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... >the secret code ... >> Neither of these load in the mesh viewer from the August 2005 SDK. ...
  • Re: D3DXFERR_PARSEERROR while loading mesh and textures
    ... > [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... > Neither of these load in the mesh viewer from the August 2005 SDK. ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Re: Is there any way to reduce DirectX applications memory occupancy
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... load many dll and use 6M. ... Don't use D3DX. ...