Re: DrawIndexedPrimitives Offset

From: Steven Licciardi (steven_licciardinnoossppaamm_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/07/04

Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 16:05:48 +0100

Yes that still gives me nothing. I am sure that the problem is that I am
entering the wrong values for the various parameters. If I had an example
that would help a lot.

Thanks,

Steven

"Lynn Harrison" <lharrison@dvc400.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Steven,
>
> If it is a triangle list and you start at the wrong point in the list, the
> points will have the wrong winding and will face in the opposite
direction.
> Try indexing one point further and see if the triangles reappear.
>
> --
>
> Lynn Harrison
> SHAMELESS PLUG - Introduction to 3D Game Engine Design (C# & DX9)
> www.forums.Apress.com
>
> "Steven Licciardi" <steven_licciardinnoossppaamm@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:Oe0OPoDNEHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > I am trying to draw a Triangle list using an Indexed buffer, this works
> fine
> > if I draw all the triangles, i.e. starting from zero, however whenver I
> try
> > and just draw the last half of the triangles in the Index Buffer I get
> > nothing. Does anyone have an example of Drawing Triangles using a
> > DrawIndexedPrimitives with an offset, as I cannot seem to work what all
> the
> > parameters should be.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steven

Relevant Pages

  • Re: HLSL source that replicates OpenGL fixed function pipeline?
    ... That is essentially what ID3DXLine does. ... that the Bressenham for the long sides of the two triangles are ill-formed ... Over 95% of that time is spent by the CPU to generate the geometry. ... you still need triangle geometry to draw on so you still need ...
  • DrawIndexedPrimitives Offset
    ... I am trying to draw a Triangle list using an Indexed buffer, ... if I draw all the triangles, i.e. starting from zero, however whenver I try ... Does anyone have an example of Drawing Triangles using a ...
  • Re: three-element lattice expression and Polyas enumeration
    ... Draw, with replacement, triples of elements from a lattice, distinctively ... label the binary relations between them, ... you can choose to draw triangles whose edges represent the binary ... >> the definitions of the above equivalence classes. ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Order of vertices
    ... of the PerspectiveFovLH() function, and I guess wrong coordinates for one of ... the triangles:) ... >> introductory tutorials decided to draw my own 3D object. ... >> take a look at attached picture and advise me the order or vertices. ...
  • Drawing the 2D insides via triangles
    ... I have used just some raytracing programs long ago and Autocad Lite a couple of times. ... I want to draw the inside perimeter of a quite irregularly shaped house, on a CAD program. ... Here is how I want to do it: I want to take the distances of every corner of the rooms to the other corners, until the area of the house is completely described by closed triangles. ...
    (comp.cad.autocad)