2D Draw Functions in Direct3D

From: Ramin (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/06/04

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 16:26:04 -0700

I'm writing a Direct3D app with C# and need to do some 2D drawing stuff overlayed on top of my 3D scene. I tried accessing the Surface/Graphics objects through GetRenderTarget so I can call their Draw functions but couldn't due to some run-time errors. Could someone tell me how I can do that? Sorry if it's too much of a beginner questions! I'm new with D3D, and I don't think creating 3D objects for my 2D stuff is the optimal answer.

I looked at MeshView tool and it seems to do the same, e.g. when selecting a vertex.

Thanx a lot.