Re: Muting audio

From: The March Hare \(MVP\) (phil_at_ndsm.maps)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:36:35 -0600

"Chad" <> wrote in message
> Thanks,
> Setting the volume to -10000 works.
> I must have had a problem with the SDK install on the first machine that I
tried. When I set the volume to zero, it would throw an exception. It's
working fine now on another development machine. Can you lead me to the
documentation that explains what units the -10000 represents? Setting the
volume to zero doesn't do anything.

The Volume property sets or retrieves the audio volume.

objAudio.Volume As Long

This property takes no parameters.

Return Values

Returns a value from -10,000 (silence) to 0 (full volume). Each unit
corresponds to .01 decibels. Not all devices support 10,000 distinct volume

This property is read/write.

If you set this property to values outside the specified range, the object
raises run-time error 5.

See Also

  a.. IBasicAudio Object