Re: Muting audio

From: The March Hare \(MVP\) (phil_at_ndsm.maps)
Date: 05/03/04

Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 10:36:35 -0600

"Chad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7AE66A31-8B11-468E-84CA-91F9F36C4B8B@microsoft.com...
> Thanks,
>
> Setting the volume to -10000 works.
>
> I must have had a problem with the SDK install on the first machine that I
tried. When I set the volume to zero, it would throw an exception. It's
working fine now on another development machine. Can you lead me to the
documentation that explains what units the -10000 represents? Setting the
volume to zero doesn't do anything.

IBasicAudio.Volume
The Volume property sets or retrieves the audio volume.

Syntax

objAudio.Volume As Long
Parameters

This property takes no parameters.

Return Values

Returns a value from -10,000 (silence) to 0 (full volume). Each unit
corresponds to .01 decibels. Not all devices support 10,000 distinct volume
levels.

Remarks

This property is read/write.

If you set this property to values outside the specified range, the object
raises run-time error 5.

See Also

  a.. IBasicAudio Object