Re: Direct3D Dipose handling takes ages!

From: Tom Miller [MS] (tmiller_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/30/04

    Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:51:03 -0700

    Also, see my blog entry on this topic:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/tmiller/archive/2003/11/14/57531.aspx

    --
    - Tom Miller, Managed DirectX
    "Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MVP]" <legalize+jeeves@mail.xmission.com> wrote in
    message news:uJZJn6iLEHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

    > "Tobias Mattsson" <sigget at europe dot com> spake the secret code
    > <uqyERlhLEHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl> thusly:
    >
    >>Disposing Direct3D resources is taking alot of time in my app. I put
    >>together a little test that read in 1000 textures and created 250 vertex
    >>buffers and 250 index buffers, and then disposed it all, and disposing
    >>them
    >>took longer than creating them. Ive profiled it and found that
    >>BaseTexture.OnParentDispose is taking alot of time. We're talking several
    >>minutes on my system.
    >
    > Did you try disposing of them in the reverse order you created them?
    > --
    > "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ:
    >          <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    >     Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
    >               <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>

    • Direct3D Dipose handling takes ages!
      ... Disposing Direct3D resources is taking alot of time in my app. ... together a little test that read in 1000 textures and created 250 vertex ... buffers and 250 index buffers, and then disposed it all, and disposing them ...
    • Re: Direct3D Dipose handling takes ages!
      ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... >buffers and 250 index buffers, and then disposed it all, and disposing them ... Did you try disposing of them in the reverse order you created them? ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...