Re: Stretch my scene with my new window's size

From: Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MVP] (legalize+jeeves_at_mail.xmission.com)
Date: 02/25/04

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:01:58 -0800

neoasimov@hotmail.com (NeoAsimov) spake the secret code
<db56912c.0402241304.5198411c@posting.google.com> thusly:

> What do you mean by Exclusive Mode?

Exclusive mode is exclusive mode. You have exclusive control over the
display. Try searching the C++ docs.

I don't know why your code doesn't work, but if you match the aspect
ratio of the view frustum and the back buffer to the aspect ratio of
the area where you scene is displayed, then everything will work.

	    Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
               <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mouse problem
    ... MC runs in VMR9 exclusive mode when in fullscreen to avoid tearing and other ... I normally take the MC display out of fullscreen while I'm ... I'd rather not suffer the visual problems associated ... but as soon as you use the remote Media Center will take the focus ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Stretch my scene with my new windows size
    ... neoasimov@hotmail.com spake the secret code ... ...assuming you're in exclusive mode and the size of the render target ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Hide a DirectX Window
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... that's why they call it EXCLUSIVE mode. ... Its also why programs like netmeeting disable Direct3D in order to allow ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Hide a DirectX Window
    ... [Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] ... If someone else has the video card in exclusive mode (i.e. full ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Avoiding device loss on multimonitor systems
    ... When you switch out of an exclusive mode application, ... device is lost. ... If you don't want that, then don't use exclusive mode, use windowed ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...