Re: Stretch my scene with my new window's size

From: Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MVP] (legalize+jeeves_at_mail.xmission.com)
Date: 02/19/04

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:36:19 -0800

neoasimov@hotmail.com (NeoAsimov) spake the secret code
<db56912c.0402190546.53ccd4a0@posting.google.com> thusly:

>// Get the new dimensions of the display's render target area.
>float aspectWidth = (float)mDevice.DisplayMode.Width;
>float aspectHeight = (float)mDevice.DisplayMode.Height;

...assuming you're in exclusive mode and the size of the render target
is the size of the display mode, this is correct.

>I already test this before sending this post and this don't seem to work either.

Then you must be doing something wrong. I've done this in my code and
it works properly.

	    Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
               <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: D3DXCreateMeshFVF and the NEW statement.
    ... Eyal Teler spake the secret code ... standard containers since you will spend less of your time chasing ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Has TransformedColored changed its members recently?
    ... wardellcastles@hotmail.com spake the secret code ... The version of the managed assemblies changes with each SDK release. ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Point Size Scaling
    ... ganeshaslovedone@hotmail.com spake the secret code ... >point size to anything less than 64(max allowed for my gfx card) and ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Determining which skinning Method to use
    ... Eyal Teler spake the secret code ... Indexed vertex blending can use up to 12 ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...
  • Re: Colour fill
    ... Murrgon spake the secret code ... Did you look at the docs for ColorFill? ... "The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline"-- code samples, sample chapter, FAQ: ...