Re: How to calculate Screen Dimensions to 3D Coordinates so Image fills a specified resolution

From: Ying-Shen Yu[MSFT] (
Date: 06/03/04

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:27:15 GMT

I think Eyal's suggestion should resolve this issue, we can compute the
correspond u, v values by given texture addresses. Using:
u = ( Tx + 0.5f ) / textureSize;
v = ( Ty + 0.5f ) / textureSize;

Does it fix this issue?
You may test it using a grid image as texture, so that it would be easier
to find the texture mapping distortion.

Best regards,

Ying-Shen Yu [MSFT]
Microsoft Community Support
Get Secure! -

This mail should not be replied directly, please remove the word "online"
before sending mail.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GDI in D3D?
    ... retrieve the surface from the texture and use it. ... Maybe this google will be helpful to you. ... before sending mail. ...
  • Re: Applying texture to a Rectangle
    ... According to your suggestion I changed the code but still it didn't fix my problem. ... Somehow from the appearence of the texture it looks like that it is getting rotated unwantedly. ...
  • Re: Shadow mapping woes
    ... >>>That's due to texture filtering. ... To fix it you'll ... >>>need to use mipmapping. ... So it's the shadow map texture needs to be mipmapped? ...
  • Continuous brushed finish
    ... create and applying it to the model as a texture. ... Rotating and scaling the texture does not fix ... I want to be able to do this without the use of PhotoWorks, ... how the part looks in SolidWorks. ...
  • Texture.FromBitmap Problems
    ... When the dimentions of my texture are a little more then 512x512 the textures ... are blinking, take a look. ... How can i to fix it? ...