Re: Application crashes while releasing IMediaSeeking interface

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:18:31 -0800 (PST), ratnasinghal@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I am working on a media player usings Directshow 9.0. I have a Stop
button which stops the current playback and releases all the

Firstly, use smart COM pointers (see my FAQ through the link below).

Secondly, you do not need to keep an IMediaSeeking interface around, just
QI for it when you need it:

CComQIPtr<IMediaSeeking> seeking(m_graph_builder); // m_graph_builder is
return seeking->SetPositions(
&now, AM_SEEKING_AbsolutePositioning,
NULL, AM_SEEKING_NoPositioning);

Thirdly, there may be a bug with the Lynx Two sound card. See if the
manufacturer has driver updates available.

Please read this before replying:
1. Dshow & posting help:
2. Trim & respond inline (please don't top post or snip everything)
3. Benefit others: follow up if you are helped or you found a solution