How to record mp3 on Vista (using WavDest.ax)?

Hi,

I have some software that works just fine on Windows XP, but fails to work on Vista. I am simply streaming mp3 to a file - you can use the following setup in graphedit to demonstrate:

Audio Capture Device ---> Mpeg Layer-3 ---> WavDest ---> FileWriter

This works great, I can record from a microphone straight to disk as mp3, however, the problem comes in Vista, when the l3codeca.acm has had it's compressor removed (according to previous post in this newsgroup).

Now I know there is another compressor, l3codecp.acm which I can enable via the registry, but this isn't really a good enough solution (I want our software to work straight out of the box, and on a fresh install of Vista).

Is there a way of telling DirectShow exactly which compressor to use, rather than just asking for a compressor of type "Mpeg Layer-3"?

So, what I'd really like to know is, how can I record an mp3 from my microphone in Windows Vista (using DirectShow)?

Many thanks for any help,

Mark

  • Re: How to record mp3 on Vista (using WavDest.ax)?
    ... I am simply streaming mp3 to a file - you can use the following setup in graphedit to demonstrate: ... This works great, I can record from a microphone straight to disk as mp3, however, the problem comes in Vista, when the l3codeca.acm has had it's compressor removed. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: How to record mp3 on Vista (using WavDest.ax)?
    ... I am simply streaming mp3 to a file - you can use the ... mp3, however, the problem comes in Vista, when the l3codeca.acm has had ... it's compressor removed. ... it manually in GraphEdit then you can use it. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
    ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... If there is an equal on Windows I truly would love to know about ... program on the Plasq frontpage was clearly taken on Vista. ... the product is on both Windows and Mac. ... hardware than Vista works on PC hardware is hardly "silly". ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)