Re: Detecting audio capture delay

Chris P. [MVP] wrote:

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:56:34 -0700, Mike Warren wrote:
Does anyone know where this delay is coming from and how I can
detect it so I can restart the capture?

Can you check how many sample buffers are being used? You might need
to put a debug trans-ip filter inline to find out.

Do you mean on the capture pin? I am checking with
GetAllocatorProperties on the capture pin and all the values remain
what they were when I set the buffer size.

Setting my program to a high priority helps but doesn't cure the
problem.

What's the rest of your graph like? If you're using an audio
renderer then that's the most likely culprit, it has too much leeway
in it's internal buffers and there is no good way to dial that in to
your needs. You can watch the stats in the property page to see it's
buffer status.

In my test program it's just "Realtek AC97 Audio" capture -> "Default
DirectSound Renderer"

I'll run it with the renderer's property page open to see if I can get
any more information on the problem.

I would prefer this didn't happen but it would be acceptable if I could
know when it happens so I can automatically stop and restart the graph.

--
Mike

  • Re: Preview stops streaming
    ... directly into BridgeSink. ... In the capture graph, each AV stream is encoded before running though ... The smart tee will send the same buffers to both outputs. ...
  • Re: Hardware buffers in capture filters
    ... >> We want to use hardware buffers in Capture Filter which captures ...
  • Re: DirectSound Garbled sound scenarios
    ... I create both capture and play buffers which are ... I am using different events for capture vs. play but I am only ... > and capture buffers which DS is trying to capture to or play from. ... potential underrun, overrun conditions. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Monitoring Level While Capturing
    ... you mean copy the small buffer that's actually doing the capture to a series ... I'm referring to the actual capture buffers. ... it pays to buffer before writing to disk as well if you have the ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: DirectSound capture buffer under-runs on system load
    ... DirectSound. ... I have gotten capture and playback working well, ... and output buffers if that does not work. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)