Re: VS 2005 legacy DirectX

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:44:16 -0500, Jon Beatty wrote:

I have a legacy DirectX application that I would like to move from VS 6 to
VS 2005. I don't seem to find any articles or assistance on the web for
this kind of an adventure.
For instance it appears that streams.h has been replaced but I'm not certain
what to replace it with.

As I've inherited this app I'm having to learn the old DirectX audio classes
and I don't see them in the new .Net flavor of DirectX/DirectSound. Things
like CSourceStream and CBaseFilter to name two, just don't seem to be there.
Can anyone point me to some documentation that will help educate me on this
conversion?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

What you are referring to is what is known as DirectShow. DirectShow has
been moved out of the DirectX SDK due to it's focus on desktop applications
vs gaming. It is now found in the Windows Platform SDK. Get the most
current platform SDK, which is currently W2K3 R2. You'll notice that the
samples, including the baseclasses, no longer have project files - you can
get those here: http://tmhare.mvps.org/downloads.htm

If you have any trouble building the BaseClasses or the samples, refer
here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/mikewasson/archive/2005/05/23/421116.aspx

--
http://www.chrisnet.net/code.htm
http://www.avdevforum.com/AV

  • Re: DirectShow in platform SDK
    ... Okay so I'm now using the April 2005 Platform SDK DirectX headers and ... libraries and I believe I am very almost there. ... >> The DirectX December 2005 SDK was just released. ...
  • Problems installing wavdest.ax
    ... I have run into a problem with the Platform SDK samples that I need help to ... Microsoft DirectX SDK ... "Couldn't create a WAVDest filter. ... "Please build this filter and register it by running ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia)
  • Hit testing transparent pixels in a billboard
    ... Platform SDK Feb 2003 ... DirectX 9 SDK. ... Fixed function pipeline (because I'm not good enough to venture into pixel ... In my app I can select a polygon on the screen by creating a ray from the ...
  • side-by_side error on Vista
    ... Platform SDK Jan 2006 ... DirectX 9.0c SDK Aug 2007 ... Dependency Walker told me that the offending DLLs are MSVCR80.DLL and/or ... I'm hoping that this is a common problem and some of you will know an easy ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ui)
  • Re: Getting up to date with DirectShow
    ... For the moment I'll be continuing to use this on Windows ... was stopped in the DirectX 9 Feb 2005 update. ... The SDKs are generally backward compatible, so if you install the 'latest' ... DirectShow lives in the Platform SDK and this is what you need ...