streaming mp3 playback

We've been using directshow in our client app for streaming mp3's up
till now, but ever since we converted to vc8 (and the corresponding
platform and directx sdk upgrades) we've been having problems with
certain users who have onboard soundcards. specifically some of them
get no audio playback, even though setting up a test app shows playback
working. Because of this we've been wondering what other options
besides directshow were there for streaming mp3's.

thanks!

  • Re: Network Streaming with DirectX
    ... to build a streaming client with DirectShow. ... I need a Streaming Server ... Need a easy to use SDK or possibility to receive Streams via Directshow. ...
  • Re: Streaming video to a windows mobile 5/6
    ... I am wondering does directX or directshow allow for this development. ... streaming, rtsp streaming for Windows Mobile 5.0/6.0. ...
  • Re: Streaming Audio (basic question)
    ... streaming audio and have a link to a discussion/example of it (doesnt matter ... Im pretty sure DirectShow is the route that I need but would like feedback ... existing streaming component. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Plain English explanation of direct show
    ... DirectShow provides for high-quality ... of formats, including Advanced Streaming Format, Motion Picture ... It supports capture using Windows ... Examples of the types of applications you can write with DirectShow ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Streaming audio?
    ... to get it to play streaming audio by passing it ... Does anyone here know how to play a streaming ... You should use DirectShow. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)