Re: Change voice with Directsound in real-time , can ???

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:28:18 +0700, Paul wrote:

DirectSound have SoundFX, but this is sample for how to add effect with
playback, and this is not my purpose.
I would like to capture then add effect then playback the sound at the same
time, but i wonder i can do this with directsound?

if you know directsound can, please share me how to do? can any sample for
this?

Directsound have DuplexFilter sample show how to capture and playback and
inside the code, i saw the app use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER variables for
capturing and playback.
But with SoundFX, i saw the app use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variable for adding
effects

What should i do now:
1. I should rewrite an app for capturing and playback the sound at the same
time but i will use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variables for capturing and
playback. Then i can add sound effect after capturing?
2. I will write an app for capturing and playback the sound at the same time
and i will use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER variables for capturing and playback,
then i must create an LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variale so that i can add effect
sound.

I have tried to do as 2. I tried to call:
m_pDSBOutput->QueryInterface( IID_IDirectSoundBuffer8, (LPVOID*)
&m_pDSB8 ) ) ) but it failed. m_pDSB8 is NULL
Note: m_pDSBOutput is output buffer for playback and i have data when i call
QueryInterface . m_pDSB8 is LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variable.

Can you help me choose correct one?

Answered under your new thread.

--
http://www.chrisnet.net/code.htm