Re: Change voice with Directsound in real-time , can ???

Thank you,
Again, please help me with my question below:

"Chris P. [MVP]" <msdn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On 30 Aug 2006 22:40:50 -0700, phamquoctoan@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks Christ for your answer.
I have other asking, hope you can help me. My asking is below:

FOLLOWERS:
A miracle! He is the Messiah!
SIMON:
Well, he hurt my foot!
FOLLOWERS:
Hurt my foot, Lord! Hurt my foot. Hurt mine...
ARTHUR:
Hail Messiah!
BRIAN:
I'm not the Messiah!
ARTHUR:
I say You are, Lord, and I should know. I've followed a few.
FOLLOWERS:
Hail Messiah!
BRIAN:
I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you
understand?! Honestly!
GIRL:
Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
BRIAN:
What?! Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the
Messiah!

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/24657/Monty_Python_Life_Of_Brian_I_m_not
_the_messiah.html

I am really need sample source code do this, can you show to me where i
can get???

Not really but it's pretty basic stuff. You query for the interface and
call the methods that adjust what you need to adjust.

You can look at the SoundFx sample for some guidance. It's in the DirectX
SDK. \Samples\C++\DirectSound\SoundFx

DirectSound have SoundFX, but this is sample for how to add effect with
playback, and this is not my purpose.
I would like to capture then add effect then playback the sound at the same
time, but i wonder i can do this with directsound?

if you know directsound can, please share me how to do? can any sample for
this?

Directsound have DuplexFilter sample show how to capture and playback and
inside the code, i saw the app use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER variables for
capturing and playback.
But with SoundFX, i saw the app use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variable for adding
effects

What should i do now:
1. I should rewrite an app for capturing and playback the sound at the same
time but i will use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variables for capturing and
playback. Then i can add sound effect after capturing?
2. I will write an app for capturing and playback the sound at the same time
and i will use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER variables for capturing and playback,
then i must create an LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variale so that i can add effect
sound.

I have tried to do as 2. I tried to call:
m_pDSBOutput->QueryInterface( IID_IDirectSoundBuffer8, (LPVOID*)
&m_pDSB8 ) ) ) but it failed. m_pDSB8 is NULL
Note: m_pDSBOutput is output buffer for playback and i have data when i call
QueryInterface . m_pDSB8 is LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER8 variable.

Can you help me choose correct one?

Thank you
--
http://www.chrisnet.net/code.htm
http://www.avdevforum.com/AV

  • Re: Change voice with Directsound in real-time , can ???
    ... I would like to capture then add effect then playback the sound at the same ... I should rewrite an app for capturing and playback the sound at the same ... and i will use LPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFER variables for capturing and playback, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Choppy/jerky playback of captured DV AVI
    ... For a while I had no problems capturing DV-AVI footage via FireWire from ... GB each) that playback just fine. ... now all of my NEWLY captured DV-AVI video ... an OS, configuration, or hardware issue. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Mossiac Pattern
    ... How are you capturing the files from the camera? ... Where are you seeing the playback... ... MM2, the preview monitor of MM2, the saved movie in the Windows Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)