Re: How to stream on the network encoded audio

DevX wrote:

Alessandro, can you provide my some more info/link on the
DMO you speak of?

Since you were trying to use WME, I guess you want to
compress your audio to WMA and the WMA audio encoder is
implemented as a DMO. However, this does not duplicate all
WME does:

1. read data using DirectShow
2. convert data (if necessary) using ACM
3. compress data to WMA using the WMA DMO
4. mux data into ASF using the WMWriter
5. stream ASF over MMS protocol using the WMNetworkSink

The WMA DMO (as well as ani ACM codec or third-party audio
compressor) only performs step 3. You can read all about it
here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=92490D8A-4F2E-46F1-8835-B1D987B3C985

Steps 4-5 require the WMWriter (which optionally also
performs steps 2-3, see the WMF 9.x SDK).

--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation

  • Both lossy and lossless compression of the same music?
    ... Is it possible with WMA first to compress cd audio in a lossy way, like mp3, ... and then compress the rest in a lossless way, like FLAC, Monkey Audio and ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)
  • Re: Error C00D11B1 When trying to play .WMA files use Windows Medi
    ... I can play both the .wma and the .wmv samples no problem at all. ... ACM Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC 0011 imaadp32.acm 5.1.2600.2180 ... ACM Windows Media Audio 0161 msaud32.acm 8.0.0.4487 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Question about audio artifacts; WMA vs. MP3
    ... Why is it that MP3s needs some amount of encoded audio in order to ... while WMA can simply make its own audio? ... In my second experiment, I do the exact same thing, except I use MP3 ... It seems like WMA can recognize even the smallest amount of EMI/RFI ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Importing mp3s from cd onto hard drive.
    ... I realized that she had never converted her own cd's to mp3 format just to ... still doing it like a plain, ordinary, stupid audio cd player. ... I got the 'convert audio cd to wma' section done easily. ... But I'm stumped on how WMP imports stuff from a cd onto the hard drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Error C00D11B1 When trying to play .WMA files use Windows Medi
    ... So you cannot play *any* WMA files on this system? ... ACM Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODEC 0011 imaadp32.acm 5.1.2600.2180 ... ACM Windows Media Audio 0161 msaud32.acm 8.0.0.4487 ... ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 5.1.2600.0 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)