Voip applications

My goel is to record the incoming voice in a voip application (which I don't
have the source). I know the codec being used (assuming I can use it in my
hooked code) and I plan to hook the win32 socket functions and extract the
RTP data. In the hooked code, I want also to build some graph that will
contain a source being fed with that data, a codec instance and some
renderer that will record to the disk.

Since I'm really new to this DirectShow amazing technology I'd like to hear
some opinions before I delve into the hard work.

Can someone in this group refer to that. Is it doable?

Thanks in advance

Milush

  • as5350 question - Please help
    ... I setup the VOIP network with H323. ... establish a call other than g729 codec. ... voice call send-alert ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Network requeriments of VoIP ?
    ... VoIP sessions. ... Depends on the codec. ... you start getting errors or inteference, the latency and packet loss ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Video over IP calling
    ... The IPluggableVideoEncoder stuff would be for an OEM who needed to tie the ... The way the VOIP protocol works you can't ... just plug in say an H263 codec directly to the stream and have it work. ...
  • Re: Help on VOIP
    ... I have seen that in a platform built for the CE Emulator (where VOIP audio ... SIREN/G.722.1 audio codec. ... I think that the problem is in recording sample rate. ...
  • Re: Comcast Telephone Service????
    ... why some VOIP works better with alarm systems than others. ... It seems that transmitting touch-tones is a known problem with some VOIP ... and it has to do with the "codec" being used. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)