Re: Which case should we develop as not DMO but DirectShow filter?

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:36:01 -0700, Takeshi wrote:

Hi all,

I am considering to develop the components to encode, decode or effect audio
data.
Which case should we develop not DMO but DirectShow filter?

I read the DirectShow section in the Platform SDK document.
The document says thast we must develop DirectShow filter below.
- If you want to use DirectX Video Acceleration in your decoder, you must
implement it as a filter.
But I couldn't find other case exept it.
So it seems that DMO is appropriate for many cases.

But it is difficult to find the DMO for Audio in the internet.
There are many DirectShow filter for Audio in the internet.

I want to know why many person select not DMO but DirectShow filter.
I'm afraid that we develop our component as DMO.

Regards,
Takeshi

DMO is a new format and if you are already familiar with DS it can be
easier to develop a filter in DS than learn DMO.

DMO is most assuredly the way of the future and (for example) can be used
outside a graph, making it more flexible.

If your need fits in the constraints of DMO, then certainly use DMO.

Iain
--
Iain Downs (DirectShow MVP)
Commercial Software Therapist

  • Re: Which case should we develop as not DMO but DirectShow filter?
    ... Should we develop encoder/decoder for new CODEC as DMO? ... I understand that I should develop effect components as DMO, ... I must develop source/parser component as DirectShow filter. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: How to develop DirectShow audio file decoder?
    ... So I need to write a DirectShow filter and not a DMO? ... What's the difference between a source filter and a decoder? ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: How to Get WMP to Load DS Filter to Decode My Video Stream
    ... So, having never written either a DMO or WMM decoder, which is the quickest ... I point WMP at the port the Network Sink is ... they said would work with WMP to decode the stream so WMP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)
  • Problem With Audio Decoder DMO In DirectShow
    ... "Problem with Audio Encoder DMO",but it make me desperately that there isn't ... So, I decide to use the DMO directly in DirectShow, I ... When I connect the NetSource Filter to the DMO Encoder Filter, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Add / Remove DMO filters during audio playback
    ... DMOFilterWrapper to an MP3 and playing it back. ... as the effect getting rendered to the audio and playing it back. ... Below is my existing test code that I have working with adding a DMO ... but it appears that once Render is called on the ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)