Re: Hot to make VU meter & Config a RegFilter on DirectShow

On 14 Apr 2006 11:20:01 -0700, DiegoMol wrote:

I'm making an app that plays mp3 and other files, i understand how the
filtergraph works, but i don't know how to read peak values (wich is
the best way to make a vu metter? is possible from VB.net?)

also, if i wish to insert a DirectX filter into the filtergraph from
RegFilterCollection (let say a compressor or Eq), how i can change the
values of an EQ as example?
i know that i need to show the filter in a window...is that possible
from visual basic? because i don't know how to get an instance of that
filter to draw the interface on a form.-

Not with what MS provides but see my other post for the best resource for
using dshow on .NET.

--
Please read this before replying:
1. Dshow & posting help: http://tmhare.mvps.org/help.htm

  • Re: calculate the Q factor of LC bandpass
    ... make e.g. a Butterworth that way. ... And if you really want one peak, you can use 50 ohm source and load, ... look up the response of a Bessel filter. ... so the bandpass is twice as wide as the lowpass prototype. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Detecting the peak value
    ... does it mean that filter will pass all the ... 2 volts peak to peak. ... I want to sample the peak value of the sine wave by using ADC ... the square wave results of what every one has suggested to you thus far ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: signal detection in doppler
    ... coefficients - it doesn't do the online resampling. ... need that many doppler replicas to find a peak. ... But now as I have changed my receiver architecture, ... requirements and the filter. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Detecting the peak value
    ... does it mean that filter will pass all the ... 2 volts peak to peak. ... I want to sample the peak value of the sine wave by using ADC ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Assymmetrical IIR bandpass filters doable?
    ... single IIR filter not greater than 4th order, or close to it, that can do ... Can an IIR be made with an intentionally assymmetrical ... this is what you would get for an analog BPF or a digital BPF ... where the peak frequency is much less than 1/2 Nyquist. ...
    (comp.dsp)