Re: Audio File Conversion

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 15:56:01 -0800, TryingMyBest wrote:

Thanks Chris. Now what about the g.711 codec. Does it support various rates
such as 8 and 11 kilobits/second? I would assume so. I tried it in
graphedit, but could not set the output format. As well, I assume that I can
pick the start and stop points in the file. ie. Just save a segment of the
file.

It takes any sample rate up to at least 44.1 kHz, however it does not do
sample rate conversion. If you need to do sample rate conversion then you
can use the PCM filter in front of the g.711 codec. You'll have to go to
code at this point to play with configuring output pins. All ACM wrapped
filters and most other compression filters can be configured through the
IStreamConfig interface on their output pin.

Setting the start and stop points is a fairly standard function of the
parser, and is done via IMediaSeeking::SetPositions (get the interface from
the graph builder). Some obscure parser filters may not accept stop
positions but all the common ones do.

--
http://www.chrisnet.net/code.htm
http://www.avdevforum.com/AV

  • Re: Sound Card Question
    ... the sound card does the A/D conversion at a fixed sample rate (say ... BTW, with modern oversampling ADCs, the anti-aliasing filters need not be very ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: CIC filter payoff
    ... Applications where the same hardware has to deal with different decimation ratios but provide the same shape factor of the signal regardless of the sample rate. ... The advantage here is the clean-up filters that follow the CIC do not have to change at all when the bandwidth/sampling rate gets changed because the CIC response referred to the output sample rate is virtually independent of the decimation ratio. ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Downsampling Is 88.2 really better than 96 when going to 44.1
    ... artificts for any frequency content above the 1/2 the target sample rate. ... It's part of the conversion algorithm. ... most hardware works this way because it's difficult to get ... digital domain where you can make sharp filters without artifacts. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Playing acetates on a laser turntable?
    ... 78 RPM speed, a too light cartridge ... and you don't have to mess with the sample rate. ... When you put the curves back in, make sure the filters are minimum-phase. ... Q-Clone is a smart capture plugin of the analog gear's "sound", ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Sampling rate conversion
    ... > gives an upsampling rate of 21 and downsampling rate of 20. ... > This means I have 21 filters each of them shifted and upsampled by 21. ... (relative to the original sample rate) ...
    (comp.dsp)