Sending note messages to a performance

Hi all,

I am trying to send midi note messages to a DirectMusic performance, without
any luck.

I have successfully inumerated the ports on the machine, and even set up the
IDirectMusicThrough8 interface between an input port attached to a midi
controller and a midi synthesizer which works successfully. However, when I
try to send a note on message to the performance, I hear nothing. The send
message function returns success; so I don't know what the problem could be.
I have checked and double checked the members of the DMUS_NOTE_PMSG
structure, and can't find a combination that produces a sound from the
synth.

My only guess at the problem is that I am not sending the messages from
within a track. Is it necessary to send note on messages from within an
IDirectMusicTrack8 object to get the performance to output notes to the
synth?

Any advice or guidance would be welcome.

Thanks.

  • Re: Network help?
    ... The Midi software I was using was a older shareware program and all you need ... If I understand what you are trying to do, it may work to use the MIDI ports ... I use STing on all my Ataris, except for STalker for BBS related. ... One option may be to use a null modem link between the STacy and the TT ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Note Question
    ... I have never seen a notebook with a midi port. ... to purchase a USB midi device such as a midiman. ... purchasing my first laptop lately for doing audio and video recording ... firewire ports and DVD burners. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: RS232 with 49G+ and/or 50G
    ... If anyone has any success with the IrDA/RS232 conversion, ... communications utilizing the IrDA interface. ... One of these ports is provided as a DB-9 connector on the top of the ... All of the DB-9 connectors are software ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Yamaha DGX-205 Keyboard & Linux usb-midi
    ... I have this keyboard which has a USB interface instead of standard MIDI ... Aug 14 23:00:31 voodoolinux kernel: usb-midi: Found IN Jack 0x01 EXTERNAL ... and it shows no available ports ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Two dynamic ports used by inetinfo
    ... haven't seen any IIS related services running in this 2 port ... The activity reported by TDIMon on these ports ... > TCP:127.0.0.1:1255 SUCCESS Disconnect Event ... > TCP:127.0.0.1:1255 SUCCESS Query Address ...
    (microsoft.public.security)