Sending note messages to a performance

Hi all,

I am trying to send midi note messages to a DirectMusic performance, without
any luck.

I have successfully inumerated the ports on the machine, and even set up the
IDirectMusicThrough8 interface between an input port attached to a midi
controller and a midi synthesizer which works successfully. However, when I
try to send a note on message to the performance, I hear nothing. The send
message function returns success; so I don't know what the problem could be.
I have checked and double checked the members of the DMUS_NOTE_PMSG
structure, and can't find a combination that produces a sound from the
synth.

My only guess at the problem is that I am not sending the messages from
within a track. Is it necessary to send note on messages from within an
IDirectMusicTrack8 object to get the performance to output notes to the
synth?

Any advice or guidance would be welcome.

Thanks.

  • Re: Network help?
    ... The Midi software I was using was a older shareware program and all you need ... If I understand what you are trying to do, it may work to use the MIDI ports ... I use STing on all my Ataris, except for STalker for BBS related. ... One option may be to use a null modem link between the STacy and the TT ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Note Question
    ... I have never seen a notebook with a midi port. ... to purchase a USB midi device such as a midiman. ... purchasing my first laptop lately for doing audio and video recording ... firewire ports and DVD burners. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: RS232 with 49G+ and/or 50G
    ... If anyone has any success with the IrDA/RS232 conversion, ... communications utilizing the IrDA interface. ... One of these ports is provided as a DB-9 connector on the top of the ... All of the DB-9 connectors are software ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Yamaha DGX-205 Keyboard & Linux usb-midi
    ... I have this keyboard which has a USB interface instead of standard MIDI ... Aug 14 23:00:31 voodoolinux kernel: usb-midi: Found IN Jack 0x01 EXTERNAL ... and it shows no available ports ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Cant play midi
    ... even whether you have any ports at all, ... out there do not have any MIDI capability, and in order to play MIDI on them, ... To find out what ports you have, install pmidi ... Anyway, since KMid reports no ports, I expect you'll find pmidi -l doesn't ...
    (Debian-User)