Re: No audio if I play a .mp3 file with DirectShow

Hi!
I want to tell that I resolved my problem: I re-convert my mp3 files and now
I listen to them with my application! I don't know why WMP plays correctly
the old files but, anyway, now that I re-convert all files (at the same
bitrate!256Kbps) there aren't problems. Probably there was a problem in the
conversion.
Thanks to all for the support!!
Bea

"Bea" wrote:

Hi!
I did another test: I used the example "audioboxdlg" in DirectX9SDK (in the
folder \Extras\DirectShow\Samples\C++\DirectShow\Players\AudioBox) and I
don't listen to the audio again (only if I move the slider of the execution
position I listen to the audio).

Then I tried to modify the code so that when I play an .mp3 file I use the
method "RenderWMFile", where the filter is ASF reader and the file is loaded
with IFIleSourceFilter. But even in this case ther is no audio!!!!

Suggestions?
What can I do?
Thanks
Bea

"Alessandro Angeli [MVP::DS/MF]" wrote:

The March Hare [MVP] wrote:

He's great, isn't he.

Well, thanks :-))

I hope this is the problem...Now I try it.
Do you know where can I find some code in c#?
Because I have a problem with the parameter
"CLSID_WMAsfReader" for the creation of the IBaseFilter:
in the class Clsid of DShowNet.dll there are only
"FilterGraph", "CaptureGraphBuilder2" ,
"DvdGraphBuilder", "SampleGrabber" and
"SystemDeviceEnum"..

Look at the DirectShow.NET project on SourceForge (see my
Links page).

The DShowNet.dll she mentioned is the compiled module
produced by the DirectShow.NET project on CodeProject.com
which is incompatible with the DirectShow.NET project on
SourceForge.net.

To Bea:

The CLSIDs are either listed in the documentation of a
filter of in uuids.h in the DirectShow SDK, so you can just
define your own, or you can use
DShowNET.Device.DsDev.GetDevicesOfCat() with the
CLSID_LegacyAmFilterCategory category, which you need to
define (it's in uuids.h).

Or you can follow TMH's advice and rewrite your application
using the DirectShow.NET on SourceForge.net which is a more
complete a friendly wrapper.

--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation

  • Re: How to retrieve attributes from audio file(ex. wma, mp3...)
    ... > I need to convert .wma or .mp3 files into uncompressed ... > Now I can get uncompressed raw-data from them by ... // Alessandro Angeli ... // a dot angeli at psynet dot net ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)
  • Re: Intercepting .wav files and saving them to file system
    ... Saving streams is more complicated than a pure file, ... WAV and MP3 files, so it can not be a streaming file, unless ... // Alessandro Angeli ... // a dot angeli at psynet dot net ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia)
  • Re: MPEGLAYER3WAVEFORMAT - need more info
    ... > struct - MPEGLAYER3WAVEFORMAT. ... > Is there some kind of SDK for mp3 files? ... // Alessandro Angeli ... // a dot angeli at psynet dot net ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia)
  • Re: ACM conversion PCM to MP3
    ... > But searching the SDK documentation turned up nothing ... If you use acmFormatChoose() or acmFormatSuggest, ... > I didn't know MS had support for MP3 files and I want to ... // a dot angeli at psynet dot net ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia)
  • Re: Converting from .wav to .mp3 files
    ... > .mp3 files. ... LAME is the best one and it is free. ... Alessandro Angeli ... a dot angeli at biosys dot net ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)