Stream wav data to a file

Hi,

does anyone have a sketch how to use DShow multimedia streams
to create a wav file?
I suppose there is not much benefit from using streams compared
to the MMIO APIs, however, I like coding DShow interfaces with
smart pointers much more than standard API.
Unfortunately the only mention of writing streams is in the documentation
of IAMMultiMediaStream->Initialize() where I can specify the stream type
as STREAMTYPE_WRITE.
But how to go on from that? I thought I would add a blank audio stream,
specify filename, format and fill in my samples somewhere, but where?

thanks for any idea,
Nick

  • Re: Stream wav data to a file
    ... does anyone have a sketch how to use DShow multimedia streams ... I suppose there is not much benefit from using streams compared ... specify filename, format and fill in my samples somewhere, but where? ... I believe there is a WAVDest sample which shows how to do this. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Stream wav data to a file
    ... make use of the streaming interfaces but the code is helpful anyway. ... I suppose there is not much benefit from using streams compared ... specify filename, format and fill in my samples somewhere, but where? ... I believe there is a WAVDest sample which shows how to do this. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)