Stream wav data to a file

Hi,

does anyone have a sketch how to use DShow multimedia streams
to create a wav file?
I suppose there is not much benefit from using streams compared
to the MMIO APIs, however, I like coding DShow interfaces with
smart pointers much more than standard API.
Unfortunately the only mention of writing streams is in the documentation
of IAMMultiMediaStream->Initialize() where I can specify the stream type
as STREAMTYPE_WRITE.
But how to go on from that? I thought I would add a blank audio stream,
specify filename, format and fill in my samples somewhere, but where?

thanks for any idea,
Nick

.