Re: Capture Filter

Thanks for the rapid response,
I saw immediately after your answer that in the Callback notification method
the OS sends a similar message WIM_DATA (which its value is also 0x3c0), but
I couldn't intercept it with SPY++ either.
Can you farther direct me?

Thanks in advance

Vinter

"Chris P. [MVP]" <msdn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 13:15:50 +0200, Vinter wrote:
>
> > Thanks Chris,
> >
> > I followed your information and tried to trace Windows Multimedia
messages
> > of type MM_WIM_DATA to my DirectShow capture application. I have done
that
> > with SPY++ (looking for an "unknown messages" 0x3c0 -taken from
mmsystem.h).
> > I could easily trace these messages in my own applications and in common
> > applications like "Windows Sound Recorder" but couldn't with my
DirectShow
> > application and also with some other application like MSN Messenger and
> > Windows Messenger. Can you direct me what am I doing wrong?
>
> Window messages are only one of the available notification methods. Also
> there is callback, event, and polling. The DirectShow capture filter uses
> the callback method.

  • RE: How to do RegisterWaitForSingleObject for service stop event?
    ... RegisterWaitForSingleObject() question. ... You should also make sure your callback function is declared correctly. ... >When the Services applet tries to stop the service, DebugView shows this: ... >display any windows but only send messages to existing windows, ...
  • Re: Delay inside a worker thread
    ... Create invisible windows and use PostMessage to communicate between the threads ... >>hardware interupt which is signalled to your callback function in real ... >>by the device driver, you should simply have to call an API with an On Off ... >>the operation has completed with a callback. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: PsSetCreateProcessNotifyRoutine
    ... value is provided that the error code can occur. ... Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK) ... or the system has reached its limit for registering ... pointer to a procedure for callback is not recognised. ...
  • Image.GetThumbnailImage throws AccessViolationException on WIN7 BE
    ... with an AccessViolationException on the Windows 7 Beta. ... thumbHeight, GetThumbnailImageAbort callback, IntPtr callbackData) ... Just an FYI for everyone out there: I've noticed that on Windows 7 the ... destHeight); ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: How you handle this?
    ... > The first question is about coding a callback on Windows. ... Fortunately in Windows most of them are. ... BOOL CALLBACK EnumWindowsProc(HWND hwnd, LPARAM lParam); ... member function although many compilers accept this. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)