Re: new to audio programming

thanks for the reply.

i was hoping to use c# to get this going, so i hope i can get it to work in
direct sound. i was wondering; do i have to actually capture the sound that
is coming from the input on the sound card, or will the sound from the input
already be present in the output buffer? is there a way i could just attach
the dsound effects to the sound that is coming thru the input on the sound
card without actually recording it? im confused.

i guess what i need is a good tutorial explaining how sound is processed in
windows and thru directx.

thanks

.