Re: Easy way to play specified time

From: Michael Mattsson (michael_at_mattsson.ca)
Date: 08/24/04

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:18:33 -0400

"Kirsten" wrote:
> Well, as I said, after I called the method and checked the capabilites, it
> DOES NOT show "The stream can report its current
> position." (or AM_SEEKING_CanGetCurrentPos).
>
> It DOES show
> AM_SEEKING_CanSeekAbsolute
> AM_SEEKING_CanSeekForwards
> AM_SEEKING_CanSeekBackwards
> AM_SEEKING_CanGetStopPos
> AM_SEEKING_CanGetDuration
>
> First I thought: Ok, MP3 streaming, perhaps it really cannot report its
> current position! But IMediaSeeking:GetCurrentPosition
> works!
>
> BTW: I tried loading WAV files (WAV streaming)... Checking
> AM_SEEKING_CanGetCurrentPos fails there, too! Anything buggy?

Because you are using DirectShow, I'm assuming that your are not creating
the graph yourself, but using RenderFile() to create it for you.
You can check a few things that might affect the
AM_SEEKING_CanGetCurrentPos. First, check the filters that actually get
loaded in your graph. You can do this by running the SDK's graphedt.exe
utility, rendering your file, and seeing which filters get loaded. Perhaps
there is a filter being loaded in the graph that doesnt properly report it's
caps.

Seeking also depends on the TimeFormat you are using. Check the
IMediaSeeking::GetTimeFormat() & IMediaSeeking::SetTimeFormat() methods and
IsFormatSupported(TIME_FORMAT_MEDIA_TIME).

What are you using to render the file? Some renderers do not fully support
the IMediaSeeking interface. Some renderers like the IFileWriter do not
support it at all.

Michael

Relevant Pages

  • XLANGPart.LoadFrom(stream) failing - UnauthorizedAccessException
    ... My component then generates a PDF stream using Crystal Reports, ... attempts to load the XLANGMessage's 1st data part with the stream generated ... ReportDocument report = new ReportDocument; ... Exception thrown from: segment 1, ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • How to print only certain page(s) in Microsoft Reports rdlc
    ... to load it to report viewer first. ... printDoc.PrinterSettings.PrinterName = printerName; ... Stream stream = new MemoryStream; ... private void Export ...
  • Problem mit LocalReport im MemoryStream
    ... Von dem 6 Seiten langen Report werden jedoch nur 4 Seiten ... deviceInfo, out mimeType, out encoding, out extension, out streamIDs, ... string encoding; ... //set the position of the stream to 0 to make sure ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.csharp)
  • Re: memcmp() checker: memory access errors
    ... I do ungetcall 256 bytes in databack to the stream ... because ungetc() can fail to push back the bytes to the input ... my 256-byte memory leak although it did not report any other error. ... Checker does not report the source-line every time. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Macrovision
    ... How is my video capture driver supposed to report that the incoming signal ... in the dwFrameFlags in the stream header of every VBI packet I send. ... I also tried setting those flags in the dwFrameFlags of every video frame, ... If anyone has succeeded in reporting Macrovisionness and had it be ...