Re: Combine wav files with similar format

From: Chris P. [MVP] (msdn_at_chrisnet.net)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:43:01 -0400

Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to combine two wav files, both with the same format (22050
> B/S, 16 bit, Mono) into a single file with any format, similar or
> different(wav avi or any other).
> Is there any free tool (command line) to do it?
> Does anyone have a C/C++ code for that? I guise its not a difficult
> task but I prefer to eliminate it if possible.

There is commerical software that does it but I haven't seen any free tools.
Almost any multitrack editor and this specialized tool:
http://www.seguedata.com/subjects/monoster/productinfo.htm

>From a code point of view, it doesn't get much simpler. Just interleave the
16-bit samples and correct the header for size and format. Should be able
to write it in a leisurely afternoon.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Audio Questions
    ... and will give you the absolute best quality ... How can I get .WAV files from my CDs? ... This isn't a different "format" of wav, ... moved to the DVD format? ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • RE: To WAV or not to WAV
    ... They appear in WMP as playlist. ... "WMP 11 Library does not add all wav files" but did not get enough ... I have ripped all my CDs to WAV format. ... WMP embeds some metadata into WAV files when they are ripped. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Attn Muse: Your current duties
    ... The fact that the Sanyo device can't *play* all .WAV files, ... the format of.WAV files is about as simple as you ... recorder, I infer dishonourable misconduct by the Sanyo-machino.) ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: Audio development
    ... sure about what format I should output the files in. ... my MP3 player supports FLAC, ... personally like (don't know though if iPods support FLAC). ... and WAV files are often large. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Ask EU: mp3 player
    ... but I would rip all CDs as WAV files for long term storage (or another ... lossless format) do it once then what ever format your player needs and/or ... My car CD player is traditional CDs only. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)