Re: Combine wav files with similar format

From: Chris P. [MVP] (msdn_at_chrisnet.net)
Date: 08/17/04

Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:43:01 -0400

Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to combine two wav files, both with the same format (22050
> B/S, 16 bit, Mono) into a single file with any format, similar or
> different(wav avi or any other).
> Is there any free tool (command line) to do it?
> Does anyone have a C/C++ code for that? I guise its not a difficult
> task but I prefer to eliminate it if possible.

There is commerical software that does it but I haven't seen any free tools.
Almost any multitrack editor and this specialized tool:
http://www.seguedata.com/subjects/monoster/productinfo.htm

>From a code point of view, it doesn't get much simpler. Just interleave the
16-bit samples and correct the header for size and format. Should be able
to write it in a leisurely afternoon.