How to start working for developing a virtual printer driver?

I am new to device driver development... I have studied some thing
about windows DDK...i want to develop a virtual printer driver.... The
first step is to convert it to EMF (Then finally to JPEG). I have been
subscribed to OSRONLINE also.. They said me to refer to GENPRINT
sample given in ..../Windows DDK../src/print/genprint sample.. I have
build it using WinXP checked build environment... It now generates a
GENPRINT.DLL... ("I haven't changed any of the source code") Now how
to run the sample? They say me write a INF and GPD file... Whether
this is needed or not? If it is needed, how to write a INF and GPD...
Which material to refer for a beginner? Do I need to change the source
code of genprint? Please help me.... Thank you for all your valuable

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Online updates & compiling
    ... They refer to the local copy of the rpm YOU douwnloaded and ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to Also check the archives at Please read the FAQs: ...
  • Re: Call constructor/destructor of base class
    ... So it must refer to a source code call. ... provide default values for all arguments of a constructor, ... without an argument" in the source code; the paragraph is simply ...
  • Re: Code reviews
    ... The financial crisis is soon over / Alex ... You can refer to this whole list of Source Code Security Analyzers here: ...
  • Re: Dynamic Windows
    ... >> the information in the source code. ... >> to Brian (in INF and HTML format) last year, but I don't know if he ever ... > I don't find the docs in my cvs download, would it be possible to upload ... I've sent the latest revisions to Brian, and he says he'll post it on his ...
  • Re: [SLE] Online updates & compiling
    ... >referring to ... >> source code? ... They refer to the local copy of the rpm YOU douwnloaded ... I save them because I only have highspeed access on a monthly basis and I ...