MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUEST stop error

From: M Taha Masood (m.tahamasood_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/20/04

Date: 20 Sep 2004 08:48:25 -0700

Hello,
I have written a usb client driver , and am using it on 2k/XP.

when i open a handle to the driver from user mode and close the handle
, and later form the task bar , i click on safely remove hardware ,
and then stop the device, then BSOD with MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUEST
comes up.

The error does not come up if:

1) a handle to the driver was not opened
2) If i remove the device abruptly by pulling out the usb wire

any clues on how to debug this ? are there any kd commands helpful for
debugging this issue?

thanks
Taha

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Get VID and PID of a USB device connected
    ... Not sure if there are APIs or registry settings for query these infomation, ... The USB driver module calls USBDeviceAttach when a device is attached and a ... The Client driver ... one could write a Probing USB client driver with implmenting the ...
  • Re: blue screen of death error message
    ... "The USB client driver has submitted a URB that is still attached to ... motherboard you should go to the motherboard manufacturer's web site ... On-Line Help Computer Service ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • USB custom driver switching problem.
    ... I'm developing a USB client driver, I've few functions like Init, ... DeviceNotify etc functions ready. ... mean only the "serialusbfns.dll" is loaded and not the mass storage dll ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Driver Priority
    ... nothing with relation to thread or process priorites will help you. ... In the driver you should make sure that there are always pending transfers on the endpoint. ... Is there a way we could ensure that the USB client driver is never 'starved' ...
  • [Full-disclosure] Multiple vulnerabilities in SUPERAntiSpyware and Super Ad Blocker
    ... parameters passed from user mode. ... equivalent of the above driver ... Possibility of arbitrary code execution is very low because user does ... registry key. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)