Encrypt/Decrypt all packets

From: LEMBAS (lembas)
Date: 04/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:01:04 -0700

    I want to write a device driver that encrypts all the packets coming from the application layer. I think it should lie between the application layer and the transport layer(TCP,UDP,etc...). Am I right?

    I read MSDN and DDK help. But I cannot find anything for the beginners. What will I implement? Miniport? TDI? NDIS? or Can I do it in user mode just under the application layer?

    Just guide me about what should I read for a quick start?

    Thanks

    Ken

    • Re: Encrypt/Decrypt all packets
      ... >I want to write a device driver that encrypts all the packets coming from the ... I think it should lie between the application layer and the ... Windows systems that will be running your driver to decrypt the packets, ... Windows Network, Video, WDM Device Driver Training & Consulting ...
    • Re: Need a script to understand names posts
      ... the physical layer of the ISO model, augmented by providing all of the logic ... a network model that does more than just detect the fact that packets ... and brings them back onto the network as if they had never been lost. ... the packets previously lost will never ever be lost again, ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)
    • Re: network programming
      ... how an IP header is formed and in what OSI layer they fit. ... Sockets abstract part of the transport layer. ... packets so if you need them you may have to use FFI to access the OS ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Layer 2 (stealth) firewalls - PBR?
      ... Layer 2 devices like switches have to forwrd layer 3 multicast packets out ... Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery Snooping Switches. ... In the case of IP multicast traffic, an IGMP snooping switch provides ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: [OT] CNN bragging about "FTP technology"
      ... The specs for addresses aren't TCP, ... > data packets are put together in the right order at the receiving end; ... The machine, or physical layer, comprises ... The network layer has to do with addresses, ...
      (talk.origins)