RE: How to I reinstall the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle

OraOledb is not the Microsoft provider by rather the Oracle's Oracle provider.

"Tim" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to setup a test connection to an Oracle database from a UDL file.
> The steps are as follows on Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4with MDAC 2.8:
> 1) Create an empty test.txt file on the desktop
> 2) Rename to test.udl
> 3) Double click on test.udl and get the error
>
> "Provider cannot be found. Ensure that the provider has been installed
> properly."
>
> 4) I then copied in the following test into test.udl
>
> [oledb]
> ; Everything after this line is an OLE DB initstring
> Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;
>
> 5) When I double click on the file I get the Data Link Properties Box and the
> "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" entry is highlighted. However, I want to use the
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle" provider so when I select this entry
> and then press the Next button I get the error:
> "Provider is no longer available. Ensure that the provider has been
> installed properly."
>
> Incidently, I get the same error the following other Microsoft providers
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for DTS Packages"
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Internet Publishing"
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers" and
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server" but NOT for
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Indexing Services" or
> "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Simple Provider"
>
> How do I reinstall the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle?
> Thanks
> Tim

  • Re: Oracle Database Access via IIS 6.0 ASP Pages on Windows 2003 S
    ... >Oracle 10g Client is installed on the Windows Server. ... >This is my standard DSN Less connection. ... >Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • process problem in ssas 2008
    ... im taking the data from oracle and im using ole db provider for oracle data source. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... The OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" has not been registered. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Re: Oracle Database Access via IIS 6.0 ASP Pages on Windows 2003 S
    ... communicate back through IIS to SQL*NET installed for the Oracle Client. ... Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard with SP3a installed on same box. ... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: ORACLE CLIENT USERS BEWARE: Bug in Query Builder breaks SQL
    ... For what it's worth, none of this surprises me; Microsoft create all kinds of "providers" based on fashions and fads of the day, the press release reads "fully supports Oracle", then they lose interest and you are stuck with something that doesn't work anymore. ... Comparing the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Data Provider for Oracle and the Oracle Data Provider for .NET ... When trying to use the Query Builder with Oracle, queries that create INNER JOIN syntax result in an error in Query Builder when trying to generate your schemas. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: SQL INJECTION - ORACLE
    ... SQL INJECTION - ORACLE: ... > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' ...
    (Pen-Test)