Linked Server - Force Translate

From: Claude (Claude_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/20/05

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:17:02 -0800

I have created a linked server using the "IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries for OLE DB
Provider" and query it with OPENQUERY. All numeric and date fields come thru
successfully however all text is returned as binary values. I had the same
issue when using a connection string with same provider which was resolved
when I set the Force translate to False.

How can I set the Linked server to not translate ?

Relevant Pages

  • Linked server - force translation
    ... I have created a linked server using the "IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries for OLE DB ... Provider" and query it with OPENQUERY. ... when I set the Force translate to False. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Linked server - force translation
    ... > OLE DB Provider" and query it with OPENQUERY. ... > provider which was resolved when I set the Force translate to False. ... Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Linked server to as400 - for the love of god please help.
    ... > There is an ODBC DSN on the server machine. ... Creating a linked server using ... > OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. ... > So i instead create a linked server using IBM's own OLEDB provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • RE: Problems with ACE OLEDB provider
    ... Excel sheets created as linked servers from SQL Server via the ACE ... OLEDB provider version 12 fail on table updates. ... I have this worksheet defined as a linked server in SQL Server via this ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Linked server from SQL Server to Access db on network share?
    ... What it looks like is this: SQL can create a linked server to a file on a remote share, but you can't query against it using Query Analyzer from any system other than the one hosting SQL... ... EXEC sp_tables_ex 'OLDSQL' ... OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)