Re: OLE DB in windows CE 4.2, MS examples wont work

From: Joćo Paulo Figueira [eMVP] (joao.figueira_at_primeworks.takethisout.pt)
Date: 05/17/04

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:56:14 +0100

Hi Pete,
Try these:
- Instead of IID_IDBDataSourceAdmin, use IID_IDBInitialize
- In order to use OLE DB on Win CE 4.2 you nee this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825393

- Finally, take a look a the following article. It may help you:
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/atl_ole_db.html

--
Joćo Paulo Figueira
Embedded MVP
"plandry" <plandry@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi, my ultimate aim is to get ole db access to sql server ce working in a
COM object. I've tried two things:
> 1) I've tried making a COM object that creates a database in sql server
ce, using the sample code from the sql server ce books online. The error I
get here is Upper1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_IID_IDBDataSourceAdmin referenced in function "public: virtual long __cdecl
CUpper1::ToUpper(unsigned short *,unsigned short * *)"
(?ToUpper@CUpper1@@UAAJPAGPAPAG@Z), and the offending line is
> hr = CoCreateInstance( CLSID_SQLSERVERCE_2_0, 0, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER,
>     IID_IDBDataSourceAdmin, (void**)& pIDBDataSourceAdmin);
>
> 2) I've tried simply compiling the NorthWind example that comes with sql
server ce, and that also fails to compile. I get C:\Program Files\Windows CE
Tools\wce420\STANDARDSDK_420\Include\x86\oledb.h(13695) : error C2061:
syntax error : identifier 'IAuthenticate'
> I get 8 of those (every time it appears in oledb.h) Is there any reason
why oledb.h itself would produce an error? I've reinstalled the standard
SDK, and looked for other definitions of IAuthenticate, but that didn't
help.

> Any help resolving either of these issues would be most appreciated,
thanks

> pete

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is ADO.NET OleDb .NET Data Provider a COM object?
    ... Okay, okay... ... OLE DB is a one-size-fits-all set of providers that can access anything from a relational database to a tuna salad. ... in order to access SQL Server we used OLE DB to access ODBC or SQL Server. ... In a similar way, just because you can connect to MySQL, Paradox, Oracle or FarkleStar databases from an OLE DB or other OSFA provider does not mean your code can interface with these other back-ends. ...
  • Re: SqlServer 2005 Transfer Flame
    ... database between the two servers. ... I do understand your concerns with SQL Server 2005. ... Drag a OLE DB Destination to the panel; ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: a view based on stored procedure
    ... Columnist, SQL Server Professional ... When I execute the stored procedure in Query Analyzer, ... OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: OLE DB provider unable to process ... In the stored procedure, I am selecting data from 2 views, opening a cursor, ...
  • Re: merge field only shows 28 of 30 characters
    ... I've tried both OLE DB and ODBC connections, and both the old SQL Server client and the newer Native Client. ... If you are actually seeing two question marks at the end instead of the two characters you expect, the problem probably results from the "character translation" settings. ... for the database concerned. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Authentication methods for connections to SQL Server in ASP Pa
    ... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005' ... Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. ... These errors are probably because there is no 'Provider' keyword in your ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)