sql odbc DRIVER not available as a choice in DSN driver listing-XP PRO SP3
- From: four_speed <four_speed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:02:48 -0800 (PST)
I have recently installed an HP Proliant ML370 G2 system as a test
server, and also have installed SQL 2000 on that system. I installed
Great Plains 8.0 on that system, and have created the SQL ODBC system
dsn for that application. On the server, this program works fine.
On one of my test workstations (which is an older Gateway Laptop)
running XP PRO SP3, I installed the client portion of the Great Plains
application. When I attempt to set up an ODBC driver for the SQL
connection there is NO SQL selection available. I have installed the
client only portion of SQL 2000 on this computer, and have even gone
so far as to completely reinstall SP3. Still no SQL choice in the ODBC
I noticed that on this system, there appears to be NO WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
directory (at least it is not visible). There is however, a WINNT
\SYSTEM32 directory. The WINNT directory does include "sqlsrv32.dll".
AM I overlooking something in my ODBC configuration?
Thanks for your help.
- Prev by Date: Big Bertha Thing lightcraft
- Next by Date: Re: sql odbc DRIVER not available as a choice in DSN driver listing-XP PRO SP3
- Previous by thread: Big Bertha Thing lightcraft
- Next by thread: Re: sql odbc DRIVER not available as a choice in DSN driver listing-XP PRO SP3