Re: Deriving the ordinal position from a field name

I'm looking for a property or method that would give me an ordinal
position number of a field by specifying the name of the field.
Possible?

No, not as far as I know.
AFAIK, you would have to iterate over the field collection, checking to see
names match.
If you do, the counter is the ordinal.

Stephen Howe

  • Re: Newbie: Save, retrieve user choices?
    ... I have the Learning Edition (I ... I obtained this legally (AFAIK) from another ... If I were writing a Word macro, I would just iterate through the lines ... a Lines or Paragraphs collection available, ...
  • Re: Iterate over a cartesian product.
    ... Robert Klemme wrote: ... I want to iterate over the cartesian product A_1xA_2...xA_N. ... Is there a simple way of doing this without specifying N? ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Deriving the ordinal position from a field name
    ... globalPOINTcom> wrote: ... position number of a field by specifying the name of the field. ... AFAIK, you would have to iterate over the field collection, checking to see ... brute way. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: How to improve performance when reading text files?
    ... when appending to the end, you have to iterate over the list ... Even better is returning (nreverse retval). ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Export symbols from DLL w/o decoration?
    ... use a linker .def file. ... AFAIK that is the only way, apart from maybe specifying the exports on the ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)