Oracle 9i <> ADO

Hello NG,

i use ADO 2.8 in my Delphi application to connect to SQL-Server 2000. All
works fine, but now i've to support Oracle 9i. The ADO-Connection (.UDL)
works, but if i try to connect, my Delphi want "AutoInc" field, but Oracle
give me only float. Is this an error into ADO, Oracle or Delphi? Is there
short way to solve this problem or do i need to swith to other components <>
ADO?

Best regards

  • Hope springs eternal...
    ... ORACLE to the ADO component ... greater value doesn't translate very well in Delphi. ... you can specify the connection information on a Command item. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • Re: Delphi 5 <> ADO
    ... but now i've to support Oracle 9i. ... ADO-Connection works, but if i try to connect, my Delphi want ... but Oracle give me only float. ... Is this an error into ADO, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • Delphi 5 <> ADO
    ... i use ADO 2.8 in my Delphi 5 application to connect to SQL-Server 2000. ... but now i've to support Oracle 9i. ... but i Oracle give me a float. ... Is this an error into ADO, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • ADO and oralce nested tables
    ... Has someone managed to use ADO and nested tables in oracle? ... using oralce ADO driver, delphi 7 Oracle 9i. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • Re: ADO.NET and ODBC { CALL ..... } Syntax
    ... > Coonecting to Oracle 8i DB running on Unix ... > OleDB connection with provider as MSDAORA. ... > the same way as it works in ADO arena. ...