Urge to kill computer rising; RegSvr32 error 0000001f

Some time about two years ago my ADO fucntion turned belly-up and I
have been unable to fix the problem(s). Downloading the latest MDAC
package (2.8) and installing it did not help: while the installer ran,
several .DLL files generated errors and did not register, one file
being MSADO15.DLL

I assume there is a dependancy issue preventing the files from
registering: some where there are registry entries and/or older files
standing in the way.

There *MUST* be a FAQ or Knowledge Base entry somewhere with the
solution to this problem, but Google and I have been unable to find it.

If there is any kind being out there (human, clever chimpanzee,
whatever) with the solution, would you please share it with me before I
take my Ruger Blackhawk .45 stainless steel "reprogramming tool" and
send my computer to hell where it belongs? Thank you.

  • Re: Urge to kill computer rising; RegSvr32 error 0000001f
    ... Downloading the latest MDAC ... package and installing it did not help: ... several .DLL files generated errors and did not register, ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: Comctl32.ocx problem URGENT!
    ... Use Package and Deployment Wizard deivered with VB to ... >After installing application (InstallShield setup), ... >register. ...
  • Re: Unassigned register decode
    ... with the exception of the very first package containing ... file for the new design now breaks things for the old design which still ... Ummm....the reason one has read/write ports in a design in the first place ... register list length are not limited by something in the package. ...
    (comp.lang.vhdl)
  • Re: Roadmap Review - My Questions
    ... Well before shhing me and telling me you would never espouse such a thing as if it were illegal and unethical, let us remember the exact context of my suggestion - you were expressing a real fear that sometime in the future you wouldn't be able to activate and register an older fully licensed legal version of Delphi because the activation and registration service had been discontinued. ... And there hasn't been a history of activation crackers installing malware, it's shareware and freeware that has the bad history of installing undesirable malware. ... A code escrow service would be a partial solution - as long as the complete build environment was also in escrow, with the ability to strip the activation sequence out and recompile. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • RE: Exception Handling Block not writing to Vista Event Log
    ... the register while installing. ... this source("Enterprise Library Logging") in the register while installing, ... so the application will try to create this event source key in the register ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)