Re: Microsoft drops PearsonVue

"The Rev [MCT]" <ireportbadpeople@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:OtsoQvCyHHA.4300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

You don't actually believe Test centers make any money delivering
exams do you? Trust me they are not in it for the money. It's simply a
loss leader.

Not to belittle your experience, but I don't buy this theory at all.

If the testing centers were all losing money there simply would be no
testing centers. What possible benefit would they have in (in essence)
giving away tests? Saying that they do this at a loss is a load of crap
because there are thousands of test centers out there and this idea of
them all throwing money into a gargantuan fire pit is ridiculous. I
would be more prone to believe that the profit margin is slim, but not
so slim that they will stop delivering exams.

My thoughts are that MS feels it will cost them less to have one testing
solution provider due to ease of administration, thus they will keep
more of their revenue from the certification program. If they made more
cash having 2, 3, or 400 different testing solution providers that is
likely the route they would go.

  • Re: Microsoft drops PearsonVue
    ... Most of them are one form of Technical Education Center or another. ... Trust me when I say you cannot make enough money to rin a "Test Center" and nothing else. ... VUE is less than Prometric but neither are a dollar driven service, they are loss leader value add services. ... so slim that they will stop delivering exams. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Netflix looking for more original shows
    ... True, if you claim that 'loss leader' is something that doesn't exist, ... certainly you can use DirecTV signing on niche audience originals as proof ... Lights didn't make money for DirecTV (and it doesn't look like it is going ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Hollywood fretting over Google TV
    ... but a "loss leader" has to be something used to ... "loss leader" because that's money made directly off FNL. ... sell 500 units to break even but sell 100, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: the wisdom of Buddy Rich
    ... table-tennis player who he met at a mutual friends house. ... so Slim accepts and they play for awhile. ... asks if he wants to put some money on the game. ... meets the pro at the friend's house yet again and the pro is again ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: AMC renews "Mad Men" for 2012
    ... to charge cable companies much more than they could otherwise. ... 'Mad Men' is a 'loss leader' for AMC. ... Well, no, it loses money in the hopes that the audience can bring attention ...
    (rec.arts.tv)