Re: No longer an MCSE NT4

From: Tom Helms [MSFT] (thelms_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:12:49 -0700

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp
Q. I was an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. One of my elective exams, Exam 70-077:
Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0 and
Microsoft Index Server 1.1, was discontinued on June 30, 2000, and I did not
pass a current replacement exam before the June 30, 2001, deadline. Am I
still certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0?

A. You are no longer certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. To be
certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0, you must have met both the core and
elective requirements for NT 4.0. Exam 70-077 was discontinued in June 2000
as part of the Windows NT 3.51 exam discontinuations. If you did not meet
the upgrade requirements for Exam 70-077 by June 30, 2001, then you are no
longer certified on Windows NT 4.0. See Discontinuation of Exams for more
information.

--
Tom Helms [MSFT]
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
MCSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Anyone know why Microsoft took away my MCSE in NT4?  I had the following
> exams: NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Networking requirement waived, TCP/IP
> on
> NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the Enterprise.
>
> Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on getting
> MCSE
> in 2000, then 2003.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 70-292 - Objectives & Scoring
    ... Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003. ... Safe to say if you had problem in the network infrastructure area you should ... >>> questions can also be different for each exam. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)
  • Re: Getting MSCE
    ... Also is it better to start with MCSE or ... There are 4 core exams on Server 2003, a client exam, a design exam, ... For MCSA there are four requirements, the first two core exams, the client ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: Logon
    ... CCNA, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003 + Security ... > 3) If a Windows Server 2003 is involved, this may also be an SMB-signing ...
  • Re: SQL Server 2000 Exam
    ... wondering if SQL 2003 would be more relevant to today's technology.... ... it wouldn't hurt to get the exam to help towards the MCSE ... /requires/ the completion of certain Windows 2003 examinations. ... Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.mcdba)
  • Re: How many questions on 70-291?
    ... The thing is that the 70-270 exam ... about Windows XP, because it is more about Windows XP ... from a server perspective. ... Whatever the problem is, don't blame the exam, because it ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa)